To, Dated: 22.10.2011
Public Information Officer
Ministry of HRD,
Dept. Of Higher Education,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Subject- Application to obtain information under RTI act, 2005.
Please refer to the letter addressed to Dr. T.R.Kem, Secretary, U.G.C vide D.O No.F.9-6/2005-U-6 and dated 16.11.06 and written by Anupama Bhatnagar, Director, Higher Education at the Dept of Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India with regard to the implementation of the Lyngdoh Committee recommendation at the Colleges and Universities across India as the Supreme Court order dated September 22, 2006. Please also refer to the Section 6.1.1 and 6.4.2 of the Lyngdoh Committee recommendation. Under section 6(1) read with section 7(1) I may be informed on the following:
You can see the letter on this Link: http://www.ugc.ac.in/notices/mhrd2712.pdf
- Furnish details of the steps taken by the Ministry of HRD to ensure compliance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s direction on this regard.
- Furnish the certified copies of the Notification(s) issued by the Ministry of HRD to ensure compliance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s explicit directions on this regard.
- Furnish detailed information on whether Ministry of HRD has prepared any Report (Action Taken Report) to document the total compliance of the Supreme Court’s order by the Colleges & Universities in India.
- Furnish the certified copies of the letters or communication made by the Ministry of HRD with the Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi to ensure compliance of the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s directions on this regard.
- Furnish the facts and reasons for not sending reminders/ issuing notifications to the Universities and Colleges to comply with the Section 6.1.1 and Section 6.4.2 of the Lyngdoh Committee recommendation.
- Does Ministry of HRD has report on how many colleges and universities are conducting union election, practicing nomination model and how many are not conducting any of election of nomination. Please provide names of such colleges and universities.
- What actions have been taken by Ministry of HRD to ensure students elections/nomination in all colleges and universities?
- Please provide me certified copy/copies of communication between Ministry of HRD and colleges and universities about student union elections.
- What is the official policy of Ministry of HRD with regard to students union in the Colleges and Universities in India?
- How many universities/colleges have Grievances Redressal Cell?
- What actions have been taken against institutions which do not have Grievances Redressal Cell? Please provide copy of communication between Ministry of HRD and institutions if any?
- How many grievances have been redressed by these cells from 2007-2010. Please provide statistics of grievances in all colleges.
- Does Ministry of HRD has any guidelines about students organizations (like SFI,AISA, AISF, ABVP etc...) Do students of colleges and universities have right to form a forum, join a student’s forum, join a student organization? If there is any college/university where student organizations, forums are not allowed to work?
- Do students have right to assemble and speak for their rights in their campuses?
- Is Ministry of HRD aware that Jamia Millia Islamia has not allowed formation of students union from 2006? Did Ministry of HRD receive any letter from Jamia in this regard?
- Is Ministry of HRD aware that Jamia collects students’ union fee? Did Jamia submit any report about spending of students union funds in their financial reports to Ministry of HRD?
I am depositing the application fee (Rs.10/-) through INDIAN POSTAL ORDER (No. 92E 432299) Please put the name of the payee to whom to this postal order be made payable to.
NOTE:- a. If you do not directly deal with this application or a part there of, kindly forward it to the right PIO u/s 6(3) of RTI act with intimate to me. You are required to do so within 5 days of receipt of this application as per sec 6(3) of the act.
b. If the information sought by me is bulky or voluminous or it would disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question, then kindly inform me of the same. In that case I am willing to visit your office to inspect the records, files etc. (u/s Sec. 2 (j) of RTI Act 2005) at a mutually convenient time as per Sec 7 (9) if the RTI Act 2005.
c. If you want to deny any of the information sought by me then please quote the exemption clause of Section 8 (1) and a brief reason as to how it applies. This is a requirement of the RTI Act, as per Section 7 (8) (i) read along with Section 19 (5).
AFROZ ALAM SAHIL
F-56/23, Sir Syed Road,
Batla House, Okhla, New Delhi-25