To, Date: 22/10/2011
The Public Information Officer
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Jamia Nagar, Okhla,
Sub : Application for obtaining information under the RTI Act 2005.
Please provide me following information with respect to the applications received by your office under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 :-
1. How many applications under the RTI Act, 2005 were received to PIO in Jamia Millia Islamia each financial year i.e. FY 2005-06 to till date?
2. How many first appeal were received under the RTI Act, 2005 to Appellate Authority in JMI each financial year i.e. FY 2005-06 to till date?
3. As per your records, how many applicants out of the above have gone to Information Commission in form of second appeal/complaint? (i.e. number of cases in which Information Commission have called the PIO or any other official for hearing or explanation or have ordered the department to provide the information.)
4. In how many of the above cases (at point no 3), the Information Commission has imposed penalty or ordered any other disciplinary action against the PIO or any other official? Has the penalty amount been realized? Please inform the number of cases in which the penalty has been realized.
5. In how many of the above cases (at point No. 3), the Information Commission has granted compensation to the applicant? Has the applicant been paid the compensation amount? Please inform me the cases in which the compensation has been paid and whether the compensation amount has been collected from the personal account of the PIO or it has been paid from the government account.
6. With reference to the reply to the point no. 3, please indicate the number of cases, which has been challenged by the PIO/First Appellate Authority in the High Court or in any other court of Law. Based on your records, please also inform the number of cases, which has been challenged by the applicant in the High Court or in any other court of law.
7. Under Section 25(2) of the RTI Act, 2005, your office is bound to furnish the detailed report collected from the PIOs in your office to the Information Commission for preparation of the annual report by the Information Commission. Has your office submitted such report to IC in last five years (i.e. in FY 2005-06 to till date)?
a. If yes, please provide copies of all such reports submitted to Information Commission.
b. If no, please indicate the reasons for not furnishing the same.
8. In your reply to this application, please also inform:
a. The mode of payment of the fee for filing the application under RTI Act/obtaining the copies of the documents under the Act.
b. The details of the payee in whose name the payment instrument is drawn.
c. Name and address of the First Appellate Authority to whom the first appeal, if any, for this application lies.
I am depositing the application fee (Rs.10/-) through INDIAN POSTAL ORDER (No. ) Please put the name of the payee to whom to this postal order be made payable to.
NOTE:- a. If you do not directly deal with this application or a part there of, kindly forward it to the right PIO u/s 6(3) of RTI act with intimate to me. You are required to do so within 5 days of receipt of this application as per sec 6(3) of the act.
b. If the information sought by me is bulky or voluminous or it would disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question, then kindly inform me of the same. In that case I am willing to visit your office to inspect the records, files etc. (u/s Sec. 2 (j) of RTI Act 2005) at a mutually convenient time as per Sec 7 (9) if the RTI Act 2005.
c. If you want to deny any of the information sought by me then please quote the exemption clause of Section 8 (1) and a brief reason as to how it applies. This is a requirement of the RTI Act, as per Section 7 (8) (i) read along with Section 19 (5).
AFROZ ALAM SAHIL
(Convenor, Forum for Student Democracy)
F-56/23, Sir Syed Road,
Batla House, Okhla, New Delhi-25