To, Dated: 16.11.2011
Public Information Officer
Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi – 25.
Subject- Application to obtain information under RTI act, 2005.
Please provide following information under the RTI Act-2005.
1. The decision to invite the Lt. Governor, GNCT on occasion of General Annual Convocation-2011 is being passed in which resolution/ minutes/ directions. Kindly provide the copy of the same.
2. Whether the Principal Academic and Executive Officer enjoined by JMI Act, 1988 is competent authority to confer Honorary Degree(s) to any person or, to invite any person as Chief Guest without bringing as agenda in Academic Council or without passing any resolution by the council.
3. For how many times did Jamia Millia Islamia invite the present Lt. Governor, GNCT as a Chief Guest since 2005 to till date?
4. Whether the speech on the occasion of General Annual Convocation-2011 of the Chief Guest is written/drafted by the University Administration.
5. What is the legal status of Batla House Police shootout (Alleged Encounter) dated 19 Sep, 2008.
6. How much money has been Jamia Millia Islamia authority collected from different sources to go ahead the legal battle or to help the victim of Batla House Police shootout (Alleged Encounter).
Different sources means- (a) Jamia’s Students, (b) Old Boys Body, (c) Jamia’s Staff body and (d) General Public Donation. Please give each detail separately.
7. From encounter to till date, How much money has been spent in different legal and family support. Please provide full details information.
(a) How much money has been given to advocate (s). Please provide the details of advocate(s) engaged in the same with their official address.
(b) How much money has been given to victim families? Give full details of each.
8. After appointment of as a Jamia’s VC Mr. Najeeb Jung also announced to support Batla House Encounter Victims. Please give me details of his announcement and actions.
9. Please Provide all correspondence/communication to different Departments and various Ministries of Union of India regarding Batla House Police shootout (Alleged Encounter).
10. Whether any committee was constituted in context of Batla House Police shootout (Alleged Encounter) by the Jamia Administration. If such committee was constituted, then kindly provide the copy of the minutes of the said committee for the said purpose. (a) Who was the chair person of the committee and also provide the details of members of the committee as well as member/secretary.
11. Whether the said committee sought any Legal Opinion/Advices from the Legal Adviser cum Standing Counsel. Kindly provide the copy of legal communication.
12. What are expenses is being incurred on General Annual Convocation-2011 under various break-ups.
I am depositing the application fee (Rs.10/-) through INDIAN POSTAL ORDER (No. 92E 230213) Please put the name of the payee to whom to this postal order be made payable to.
NOTE:- a. If you do not directly deal with this application or a part there of, kindly forward it to the right PIO u/s 6(3) of RTI act with intimate to me. You are required to do so within 5 days of receipt of this application as per sec 6(3) of the act.
b. If the information sought by me is bulky or voluminous or it would disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question, then kindly inform me of the same. In that case I am willing to visit your office to inspect the records, files etc. (u/s Sec. 2 (j) of RTI Act 2005) at a mutually convenient time as per Sec 7 (9) if the RTI Act 2005.
c. If you want to deny any of the information sought by me then please quote the exemption clause of Section 8 (1) and a brief reason as to how it applies. This is a requirement of the RTI Act, as per Section 7 (8) (i) read along with Section 19 (5).
AFROZ ALAM SAHIL
C/o:- Faiz Ahmad Faiz
F-56/23, Sir Syed Road,
Batla House, Okhla, New Delhi-25.