Tuesday 24 January 2012

Complaint under section 18 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.

Complaint under section 18 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.

To,
     Central Information Commission
     August Kranti Bhavan,
     Bhikaji Cama Place,
     New Delhi - 110 066

Ref. No. :- CIC,C101
(Please mention this Ref. No. in all future correspondence.)

1.Full name of the appellant :  AFROZ ALAM SAHIL

2.Address :  C/o:- Faiz Ahmad Faiz
                       F-56/23, Sir Syed Road,
                       Batla House, Okhla, New Delhi-25.
3.Complaint against:
     Prof. Mini S. Thomas (Public Information Officer)
     Jamia Millia Islamia,
     Maulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar Marg, New Delhi-110025.
4.The grounds for complaint :
Respected Sir,
I wish to bring to your kind notice that I am continuously harassed by Jamia Millia Islamia for filing Right to information applications.
Very recently, On 23 January I went to Jamia Millia Islamia to submit RTI applications. First I was stopped at gate by the guards. Only after exchange of arguments I was allowed to visit office of Public Information Officer. But the PIO staff not only refused my RTI applications but also spoke to me in very bad terms.
Sir, this is not the only instance of harassment by JMI authorities. Most of my RTI's are replied in very vague terms. In one reply to me JMI has stated that information cannot be given as it can be used to blackmail the institution.
Sir, with all my good faith and my strong belief in the almighty, I hereby state that my one and only intention to file RTI's to JMI is to expose the corruption prevalent in the institution.
Sir, I strongly believe that you will look into the matter and will direct JMI authorities to accept my applications and give reply in appropriate manner as per the rules set be Right to Information Act.
5.Prayers:
a)     ENQUIRY: Sir, exercising powers of Civil Court vested in you under section 18, please enquire into this Complaint.

b)    PENALTY: Sir, please impose penalty as per Section 20 as the PIO, “without any reasonable cause, refused to receive an application for information or has not furnished information within the time specified under section of RTI Act-2005 ”.

c)     DISCIPLINARY ACTION: Sir, please recommend disciplinary action against PIO as per Section 20(2), who has, without reasonable cause and persistently” denied my request for information.

d)    The CPIO be penalized and strict disciplinary action be taken against him under services conduct Rules and Discipline and Appeal rules 1968 and 1969.


Date  :     24.01.2012                 
Place :     New Delhi.




Signature of the Applicant

No comments:

Post a Comment